Last night, Will and I were busy making our homemade BBQ sauces for our annual Pig Roast. My favorite is BY FAR the Peach-Daniels. It's not low carb. It's not Paleo. BUT it is REALLY good! So good, that I had to share the recipe. I'm not going to get into lengthy steps or special tips because it seems unnecessary and I don't have any other than to double the recipe! Enjoy!
Peach-Daniel's BBQ Sauce
- 1 pound fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion such as Vidalia
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeño with seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mild honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Blanch, peel, and coarsely chop the peaches.
Cook onion, jalapeño, and kosher salt in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutesutes. Add peaches and remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until peaches are very tender, about 30 minutesutes.
Purée in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids).